Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sweatin' the small stuff!

I've been asked to blog about workout clothes.  Easy peasy because when I'm not working, I LIVE in workout clothes.

I love to wear comfy clothes when I'm working around the house, gardening or just reading or knitting. But workout wear can be very pricey, unless you know where to go.

My favorite workout wear is from Old Navy. 

They're not expensive and are pure comfort and not see through. I say this because unless you live in a cave, you know about the suit against Lulelemon for having sheer, see through yoga pants. That's what happens when you let a brand name, that decides to manufacture cheaply, makes you pay more money for something that isn't worth it.

Fitness stores such as Sports Authority carry a huge variety of workout wear that range from running togs to yoga, to tennis, to hiking wear.  My recommendation is look for coupons online, in-store sales or brand discounts.

What you want to look for in workout wear is, of course, the fit.  Because I love visuals to accommodate my posts, here are some scary photos to highlight my points:

Here we go again....camel toe is a big issue.
   Just YIKES!

And then the rear view....
       A-hem, need I show more of that?

And then there's tennis wear.  Cleavage on the course....really?


And once more, the rear view...this time in tennis....






It doesn't matter if you are an amazing talent on the court, yoga mat or trail - have some dignity and grace when you work out.

There are so many great pieces to help you work out in comfort and ease. Whether it is tennis, yoga, running, P90X, golf, or going to the gym,  looking and feeling cute is a great motivator for you to keep at it.





WORKOUT CLOTHING ACTIVEWEAR SET NIKE TOP AND ADDIAS SHORTS WEAR  2 PIECESEverlast® Capri Flare at Sears.com

Again, you can spend a lot of money on workout wear, but you don't have to.  The Internet has many options (Amazon, EBay, Zappos, as well as online brands) to help you save money.  And you can always go to my favorite stores (Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Bealls Outlet) to find great buys on whatever sport activity you are interested in doing.

Walking is a perfect workout for all women "of a certain age" because it is free, easy to do any place and can be done any time of the day or night.  And much research has shown it to help fight heart disease, bone disease, depression and weight issues.  Comfy shoes and chafe-free clothes are really all you need.

I'm not even going to go into the shoes issues. If you've read my past post, you know I'm a huge fan of Skechers GoWalks. They are the only shoe that doesn't cause my neuromas to act up. And they're light weight, breathing, bouncy shoes. But try on your sports shoe, based on your sport.  Walk in them, jump in them, run in place in them.  Once you walk out of the store with them, they're pretty much yours.


Motivation to work out is really important.  Here are some great quotes.....









Whatever you wear, whatever you choose to do for exercise....go for it with style!

I got the below off Pinterest - and it is absolutely the truth.....

Stop eating garbage and get off your bum!

Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment