Monday, January 19, 2015

Dressing With a Dress!

I have recently observed a lot of women wearing dresses over slacks. It kind of looks like a tunic and, since I love the comfort and feel of a tunic, I thought I'd share this recent trend with you.

It is really popular in Europe and many women "of a certain age" are wearing this sort of ensemble street style, as well as formal wear.



I bought a cocoon dress earlier this year and realized that it is going to be very easy to wear with pants.

There doesn't appear to be too much of a rule on this look but based on the above images, one guideline is not to wear a dress with a waist band.


And the look is easier to wear with skinny leg pants (but as you can see above, boot cut or flair works, too).

From casual wear to dressy, this might be something to try in this new year. And let me know if you do!  I'd love to see a picture of you trying this fun new trend.  And I promise to post one of me in one, too.  



Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment