Sunday, February 1, 2015

Taking the Plunge!

I have always dressed very conservatively. But in this stage of my wardrobe, I have taken the plunge...bought some low cut tops to wear. Well, low cut for me!

Now I don't judge on this matter, as long as you can keep "the girls" inside your clothes. But I have to admit that lower plunged tops make me a tad self conscious and careful how I bend over.
  (okay, these are extreme!)

Are you comfortable in revealing your decolletage?  Do you wear those tops often or for special occasions?

Several of my tops have a deep V-neck and one is a low scoop neck with "gems" around the scoop.



And I don't wear these items very often. But when I do, I like them but I am very wary about bending over. My go-to neckline is crew neck and that is pretty much what I wear the most. With a boatneck every so often.



When you do wear a plunging neck, do you dress up the space with scarves or jewelry?

I am asking because I am curious how women "of a certain age" cope with the wrinkling skin in an aging decolletage.

In Hollywood, you see A LOT of cleavage on the red carpets. Right now, that look is a huge trend. Some wear it better than others. And the sagging is not very attractive.





Please let me know what you do and how you do it. Or why not?

By the way, yesterday, I went to Old Navy and bought a tunic (read last week's post) to wear over my jeans. And though it was $29, I had a coupon and the cashier gave me another, so I got it for $10!

  I'm wearing it now as I write this!  I love it a lot!

The most important thing to remember when you dress, is this.....




Until week after next (I'm blogging every other week now), I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz


1 comment:

  1. I'm 62 and as far as plunging necklines - well... I gave those up a while ago. Too uncomfortable and I did not like to see my aging skin. If I do invest in a top that tends to be a little low I will wear a camisole underneath (sort of a layer look). Loved the tunic you posted! I will definitely have to visit an Old Navy store. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete