Thursday, June 26, 2014

Only the Sun Should Shine!

Not too long ago I was in a local Wal-Mart Neighborhood store, just looking for bargains and I met a lovely woman. We chatted and she told me about a great face primer made by Cover Girl that she highly recommended. It wasn't in that store but I found it (buy one, get another at half price) in Walgreen's.

Primer, you ask?

This is the thing created to "grab" your makeup foundation, eliminate shine from your forehead, nose and chin (the T-Zone) and blur fine wrinkles and lines.And today your options for the best are huge.

I have several but I must say that Loreal's little pot of primer is my favorite - and fortunately, it isn't expensive.   
Also Miracle Blur is pretty good on my skin (promoted by the great Julianne Margolis).

I have paid a lot of money for a primer that had a good sunscreen and often wore it alone but it was in a pump bottle that didn't work (three times!) so I would open it and scrape the good stuff out with the pump straw.

The Cover Girl stuff is okay (I shared my second one with one of my sisters to try) and I need to ask her how she likes it.  Bare Minerals has their own primer, and so do other brands of cosmetics...because they work.

I've read women's comments that they hate to add more stuff to their faces daily. However, I encourage all women "of a certain age" to try a primer. So does this product mean no more moisturizer?  Not at all.  Here's the most effective process:
*  Clean your face (I like liquid lavender soap and cool water )
*  Using a foundation brush, lightly spread a moisturizer across your face
*  Spread the primer on your T-Zone and lightly push it under and around your eyes (I use my finger)
*  If you choose to wear foundation, use your foundation brush to lightly spread it on your face
*  A little bronzer or blush finishes your cheek apples

Primer also keeps your eye make up from creasing or smearing, which becomes a real problem in our summer heat.

You could try mixing it with your foundation to lessen the shine but it might not be as effective.
And since the mineral powder make up really emphasizes wrinkles, I no longer it. But primer was very effective in holding makeup onto my face all day long.

So buy an inexpensive one, try it for two weeks and see if you don't agree with me that it is better to let the sun shine than your nose!




Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment