Thursday, March 6, 2014

It's My Birthday and I'll Buy If I Want To! (sorry Leslie Gore)

March 6 has always been a great day because I get to celebrate ME!  It is my birthday, so for the past 13 years, my friend, Mary, who has the same birthday and is the same age, drive together to Cocoa Beach and walk on the beach and talk. Then we go to Denny's and get Grand Slam breakfasts, ending at TJ Maxx where we buy our own birthday gifts.






These are my birthday purchases!  

Seven 7 skinny jeans for someone who hasn't been skinny in a long time. But they fit so beautifully and don't require hemming.  I love the faded wash on the front of the thighs and the rear pockets are perfect.

And the lime green cardigan -- I needed it to wear with black and white striped tops because I spilled bleach on my favorite bright yellow cardigan.

I can even wear them together!  So Happy Birthday to me! I only spent $50 on these items. Truth be told: We did get rained on the last two miles of our beach walk, and walking into Denny's...and leaving Denny's...and going into TJ Maxx (not a good look for me - mascara tears, flat wet hair tucked behind my ears and squishy wet shoes).  But we were at the beach and it ended with purchases, so not complaining at all.

Just wanted to share today's purchases with you, my friends.

And I'll be back in touch with you on Sunday.

Stylistically yours,


Sooz


No comments:

Post a Comment