Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Newest Bargains...plus a Bonus!

I'm retired so my clothing needs should be less. But I use the fact that I do temp work in various offices as my excuse to continue to buy a few things ... maybe more often than I should, but they are items I will wear often!

So I bought a couple of items this past week at Target. They are both classic pieces that I'll be wearing for quite a long time.

I bought a Mossimo black dressy vest.  And I just had to have it.  I can wear it to work or for casual, styling it over dresses, pants or skirts.  It is so pretty and was only $27.99.  They also have the same vest in white but I shy away from white because of the yellowing factor (too much maintenance for me).

Mossimo® Womens Collared Vest - Assorted Colors
  • Lining: Basket weave
  • Material Lining: 100 % Polyester
  • Collar: Notched collar
  • Back Style: Plain
  • Sleeve Style: Sleeveless
  • Closure Style: Front button down
  • Garment Length: At hip

I also bought a great rayon dress.  For only $27.99, this is one of those dresses you can pack into your handbag, pull out and wear right away.  I love that it has a black background with a royal blue, light blue and white abstract print.  I plan on wearing this dress tomorrow while I'm temping and more often in the year. And it has in-seam pockets!  (I love pockets in dresses!)

Mossimo® Women's Geo Shift Dress - Assorted Colors
  • Material: 100 %: Polyester
  • Neckline: Round, No collar
  • Back Style: Plain
  • Sleeve Style: Short, Set in sleeve- No cuff
  • Closure Style: Back collar button
  • Pocket Style: Side pockets
  • Garment Length: At knee
  • Hem Style: Plain hem

At Ross on Tuesday, using my Senior discount, I bought these beautiful black suede shoes.

    
For only $12.99 (they were marked down on sale) and then 10% off that.  I love a wedge for walking across brick streets.


The week before, I bought, at that same Ross, these great sneakers.

   On the Converse website, they go for $80.  I got them for only $24.99, minus the 10% senior discount.  So much fun to wear (but they're not as comfy as my Skechers Go-Walks!).

Last month, I bought a pair of Lee Rider Jeans and plan to get another pair, if I can find them. They look like normal jeans but inside the waistband there is a sewn-in elastic band that makes them fit beautifully, there is no waist gap AND they look great from behind!  $16.99 for great jeans at Ross (again).



The weather has finally warmed up and is supposed to be like this all week (today it is 83 degrees and the forecasters predict the remainder of the week will be no lower than 61 degrees), so bundling up isn't necessary for now.  If you live where it is cold, remember to layer your clothes, keep your feet dry and warm...and cuddle a lot.

In this new year, I am trying to eat healthy and work out.  The bonus is that I have found shopping is a great way for me to lose weight. I get so wrapped up in hunting, trying things on, looking again and buying that it becomes all consuming for me.  And apparently I'm not alone on this.  As the beautiful and talented Jennifer Hudson (and Weight Watcher spokesperson) has stated...

Talk about a fun diet plan!  So go shop....but hydrate!!

Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment