Sunday, February 16, 2014

Going Simply Dotty!

No, I'm not talking about going crazy but I have always been a fan of polka dots and this is the best year to buy a couple of pieces covered in dots. In my list of things I really wanted to buy with this year's temp paycheck, was a new polka dot top -- mission accomplished thanks to Stein Mart!



I couldn't find a picture of the one I bought but it is black and white with short sleeves, round neck, pull over style and a simple peplum (making it a trend piece).  It was $25.99 in polyester and totally wearable with so much.




Of course any color of solid pants or skirt is easy to wear with polka dots but the bold, creative look is to wear polka dots with stripes. They should be in the same color range so they don't look too costumey and you can even wear them with plaids and prints, if you are creative.


If you don't think you can attempt mixing your prints, try carrying a polka dot handbag or wearing polka dot shoes which might just be enough for your fun fashion style.



If you're like me, polka dots makes one very happy to look at and to wear.



So get a little dotty and make everyone who looks at you happy, too!

As one of the top designers has stated:


Let me know if you wear polka dots and how you felt wearing them!  Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment