Sunday, July 21, 2013

The cat's pajamas! (Cause I can't find any for me!)

Oh my gosh! I never thought I was very picky when it comes to sleepwear, but I must be. I cannot find anything I want to wear to sleep in for a decent price.  I don't know about you but, as a woman "of a certain age," my requirements are comfort, comfort and, oh yeah, comfort!  Living in a two story house means heat rises, so the upstairs bedroom is toasty. We do run the a/c and a couple of fans but menopause is still torturing me.


Summer sleepwear that is comfortable for a woman who bursts into sweat is almost impossible to find.  I do not want to wear those dowdy cotton house dresses ever  Just looking at them makes me want to cry.


 And I don't want to wear long pajama bottoms because I'M HOT! And not in a good way.

I don't want shorty flirty pajamas because I'm not a cute young thing - I go to bed to sleep. And whoever thought that silk or satin is a good sleep fabric must have been a man.


Currently I'm sleeping in a long soft cotton sports top with a T-back that I bought at Marshall's for $5. It is wonderful and I wish I had bought the other two they had (of course, they're gone now).

I've been to my usual shops:  Target, Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Old Navy and so far, nada.  I could go shopping in stores like Dillard's, Penney's, etc. but I don't want to spend a lot of money.  I know, I know, if I amortized the times I wear it, it works out to be cost effective.  But I can't be bothered to spend money that way.

There are a lot of p.j.s and nighties that are made out of stretchy fabrics but those don't breath and I want to cool off after a hot flash.  And I don't sleep nude. I don't like to see myself naked and I sure don't want to expose my husband, dog or in-case-of-emergency personnel to that!

I have a fan blowing on me in bed, use cotton sheets and a large tumbler of ice water by the bed.  I'm fine now, but if you "women of a certain age" have any better ideas to find comfortable, cotton sleepwear that is CHEAP - I'm open to feedback. 

I won't wear dumpy looking sleepwear. I just want to look nice, be cool and comfy and do it inexpensively.   
I don't have Hot Flashes! Iron On   They're not hot flashes... Iron On

Let me know how you cope and if you know a good priced sleepwear location.  Until next week, I remain...

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

1 comment:

  1. Susie - Check jcpenney.com. There are some cute and comfortable looking COTTON sleepware options that are clearance items and the prices are quite reasonable. Other department stores may be marking down summer sleepware, too, as they begin stocking fall apparel.

    It's incredibly frustrating and annoying to awaken in the middle of the night in sweat-soaked pjs. My personal record is having to change 3 times in one night. Here's to a good night's rest!

    ReplyDelete