Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fashion for the Ages

Since this blog began, various friends and the Internet have provided me with resources showing very stylish women of all maturity.  As we know, fashion and style are timeless, which is fun and encouraging for all of us. 

One blog I've subscribed to is "Advanced Style" which is written by Ari Seth Cohen in New York City.  He has published a book of the same name (below) filled with photos of beautiful, fearless silver-haired or silver-lived women he encounters on the streets of NYC and asks if he may take their pictures.  These amazing women are such an inspiration to see and admire.

ORDER ADVANCED STYLE



I love their bravery, their grace and poise, and particularly their "to hell with what you think - I dress for me" attitudes.

If you would like to see more of these fashion role models, check out his website, too.  Not every style is one that I, for one, would emulate.  But kudos to them for "rocking" their own look.

That doesn't mean sloppy, careless or thoughtless, though. As you will note, it is a process of trying on something, eliminating what doesn't work, then walking out the door with your head high and back straight.

Now I know what I want to be when I grow up......an even better me!

Elegance is something more than ease - more freedom from awkwardness and restraint. It implies a precision, a polish and a sparkling which is spirited, yet delicate - Hazlitt

Until next Sunday, I hope someone stops you to take your stylish photo!

Stylistically yours,


Sooz

P.S. Several friends have asked how to follow this blog. I've added the below link "Links to this post" where you click and then add your email address. Easy peasy!  Thanks for the encouragement - love you all!




1 comment:

  1. i, too, follow his blog from time to time - it's great! welcome to blogger, susie dear - hope you can pop over to visit mine sometime - Seven Sisters Arts (it links to my web page, too) love ya - tara

    ReplyDelete