Monday, March 11, 2013

Style tips, beauty hints and more...for Women of "A Certain Age"

I just celebrated getting to be another year older. That's a gift.

I love my life...my family, my friends, my community...and I really love to shop.

I never want to dress or appear to be one of those women who doesn't dress appropriately for her age or the times.

Most stores, catalogs and websites have really cute fashions, styles and ideas for twenty year old girls. We older women want to be fashionable and stylish and, yet, not dress like "Aunt Bea" or a "Golden Girl."

I have received many compliments for my ability to combine outfits, accessories and makeup for the various days in my life (except for those really lazy days when I'm in casual clothes working in the yard).

There are a ton of blogs for "girls," so now there's one for us women of "A Certain Age" who care about how we look and don't want to spend a lot of money doing it.

I'm frugal, love to find bargains and put clothes together differently and strikingly.

So, welcome!

I hope you find this to be helpful, fun and appealing.  Let me know what you think. Share your tips. And share this with your friends.

We are all in this together. 

Stylistically yours,


Sooz

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! I may be a twenty-something, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate seeing women dress with style while being age-appropriate. I think of Miranda Priesly from 'The Devil Wears Prada' as a shining example of how I imagine my style in about 20 years - effortlessly chic and fabulous. I don't know if you're a subscriber to Harper's Bazaar, but they always have a section showing top trends at ANY age and they take it from 20's to 70's+ !

    Also, you NEED to investigate polyvore.com if you're looking to create outfit/trend/fashion inspiration boards. It's such a great site and super easy to use. That's how I create all my fashion boards. Check them out: www.fashionforwardfrugalista.com. Can't wait to read more posts!

    ReplyDelete