Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Postman Cometh!

I have been asked to write about issues with buying items online.

Do you buy clothing or shoes online?  Do you have a problem with these items not fitting properly? What do you do about that?
Image result for online shopping sites

I wanted a high end pair of shoes and was going to order them online. But my wise husband suggested I find them in a store (where they would cost much more) and at least try them on. I'm so glad I did! I normally wear 7.5 size shoes but these shoes run small, so I had to try on a size 8.5 to find the best fit.  I never would have known that without trying them on.
Image result for expensive flat shoes


Also, I went for a professional bra fitting because I really wasn't sure what size I even wore. I was wearing too small in band and cups and now I know what size to buy (after buying two Wacoals at the fitting).

Image result for ladies bra fittings

I have a college age friend who is very tiny and has a lot of problems finding the right fit in pretty much everything.

One resolution for that is to find a website that is true to size. You can always send an email to Customer Service and ask about trueness of fit. Also make sure that returns don't cost you anything to ship back.
Image result for shipping boxes

I have found a few online places that I can buy from that are reliable and true. But there are a few that I sadly discovered run smaller than I am and usually resulted in shipping back (I quit buying from them!).

If you don't get that sort of guarantee, see if there is a local store of that brand. Otherwise it is "caveat emptor" -- let the buyer beware.

There are some unique sites (Etsy) where items are homemade. That means their sizes are varied based on their measurements. Use extreme caution when you order from sites like that.

That doesn't mean not to buy online. Just be prepared to do a little research, maybe experience a little trial and error, and possibly some trips to the post office. You'll find your way eventually.  But share some experiences with us. Let us know what works for you.

Image result for let the buyer beware

Until two weeks, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz


No comments:

Post a Comment