Saturday, October 18, 2014

Go For The Gusto!

Sometimes you've just gotta go for it!  I had to buy the following items because I liked them, they're timeless, affordable and I wanted them. This is why I do temp work.

First, I bought this trend...double pearl earrings. The style originated from Dior. You wear the small pearl to the front and the large pearl behind your ears (business in the front - party in the back!). My earrings came from Target Online (they are not available in the store) and are Daisy Fuentes for $7.99. Dior has some beautiful ones but I'm not sure how long this trend is going to last and I don't want to spend a lot on that.




This past Monday, I stopped at Marshall's to look around. That is always fun for me...the search and discovery of a great buy looms large there!

Well, I found this bag (on what I later learned was National Handbag Day as well). Michael Kors Hamilton Tote in large and it is large, indeed. It could almost qualify as luggage. I won't need to carry an additional tote when I temp now. I bought it for $199.



And while there I found a similar-to-the-below black cocoon dress for $39. It is lightweight...and it has side seam pockets! I love to wear dresses with pockets.




And we just got a new Burlington Coat Factory that held a grand opening yesterday (I do not like crowds and had other plans). So I went today and found this beautiful Nine West peep toe wedge heels in nude for $34 (and I was given a coupon for 20% off).  Several of my temp jobs require me to walk across brick streets and wedge heels are perfect for that and don't get caught in the bricks.





And I bought a similar-to-the-below necklace, but mine has five giant pearls instead of just two. The same gold chain, however.  I bought it for $9.99 and will wear it A LOT!


There aren't many things a retiree needs. But if one sees something that makes one happy, I say, go for it. Wear what is stylish and makes you happy. And if you don't have to spend a lot of money doing that -- your smile will show your joy!


Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment