Friday, July 18, 2014

Whoops! I did it again!

A couple of posts ago, I wrote about wearing hats.  Let me tell you something I've learned, not every hat looks good on every person.

I had decided that I needed a fedora to add to my hat collection. I went to Target to the Men's Department and bought one for $12.


Although I thought it looked good, and happily wore it out of the store, my husband and one of my sisters both said it looked dumb on me and was NOT a style I should be wearing. 

So, looking at myself objectively in the mirror, and seeing myself as they saw me (and not seeing me looking like Reese Witherspoon...at all), I'm back to wearing my rolled brim hats:

and my tan sunscreen hat:

Please allow me to be your cautionary tale...take someone with you when you go shopping. What you want, isn't necessarily what looks good on you. And how you see yourself isn't always how others see you, or even reality.

And just so you know, a neighbor boy is now the proud new owner of a straw fedora.

Like I've said before, it is summertime. Wear a hat (that suits you)! And good UVA sunglasses! And plenty of sunscreen! Take care in the sun and protect yourself from the damaging rays. I want to keep every reader I can!


Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz


No comments:

Post a Comment