Monday, December 30, 2013

Whether you dress for weather or not!

Sorry I'm a day late but I've been sick with a bad cold. The nagging cough alone makes my head hurt and my voice is now a bass.

But I'm ready to write.   And today is about how to dress for changing weather.  You know what I mean...you wake up and the morning is chilly, so you put on a sweater, or a turtleneck shirt, maybe a flannel shirt...to ward off the cool weather.  

  

Then you go out, run some errands or walk the dog and not even halfway through the day, it warms up a lot and you are now overdressed.


So here are a few tips to get you through this changeable weather season.  I LOVE this season - but dressing for work in the morning means that you might be too warm by your lunch time.

The trick is smart layering.

Start with lightweight basics.   A solid colored tee or shirt is a good basic.
   
Then wear cute sweater or jacket or even an over shirt.  You can next put on a jacket, vest or coat.   



And add a scarf, hat, gloves -- whatever you need to keep warm but can easily peel off when it warms up.
Boots are great.  So are tights.  And accessories make your outfit look dressy and sharp.

Don't worry that layering makes you look fat.  If it is done right, you will look smart, stylish and comfy.

And let me be your cautionary tale:
*  Wash your hands a lot
*  Drink a lot of water and citrus juice
*  Get plenty of rest
*  Try to avoid being around sneezers or coughers
Do whatever it takes to stay healthy!

And here's to a very Happy 2014!   Are you making any new year's resolutions?  If so, make them for one month at a time, make it achievable and make yourself happy. Remember the below....



Until next week, I remain,

Stylistically yours,


Sooz






No comments:

Post a Comment