Thursday, July 21, 2016

A Whole New World!

Well, I am now fully retired....not temping any more.  I have become a "lady who lunches"!

But that doesn't mean that the shopping, make up experimentation and fear of looking frumpy and dowdy ends.  Far from it.

So here goes, with updates:

1.  It Bag for the Year:
I still get a LOT of fashion magazines, blogs and emails and the number one "it" bag, started by Celine, is the saddle bag. This style is actually based on the bags that were attached to actual saddles by cowboys, pony express riders, etc.


ChloĆ© - Drew Mini leather shoulder bag - Damen         

Other designers caught on to this trend quickly and these are their designs...

Marcie Small Leather Crossbody Bag, Tan    Image result for Celine saddle bag

So I found a really cute one on sale in ballerina pink at....wait for it......Old Navy!  $24.
Image result for old navy purses     Don't you love it?  I do and being a style trend, that's about all I would spend on a transitory bag. And the tassel is also on trend.

2.  Cover up for bathing suit, over sleeveless shirts, bathrobe:

Kimonos are very popular. You can wear them everywhere (depending on where you go, of course).
So I bought one early in the Spring but, even though it is lightweight, the polyester blend makes me sooooo hot and sweaty, I just can't wear it.  But....I found one that feels like a baby's nighty with the prettiest embroidery work on the front and back for $24 at Target.

Image result for target floral kimono


3.  New Mascara Concept

I have seen TV and magazine print ads for a new Maybelline brand mascara, Colossal Spider Effect mascara, so I went to the drugstore and bought a tube for $6.99.  It is supposed to give you big, full spikey lashes.


Image result for maybelline mascara

Don't bother buying this....it gets clumpy on your lashes and they don't look any better than other mascaras make them look.  I even went to YouTube to see what the make up bloggers thought, and they agree with me (should have done this BEFORE I bought it).

4.  Boy Short Underwear

I thought I'd give this style of undies a try....
Image result for boyshorts underwear   Image result for boyshorts underwear

And I must say, I am NOT a fan.  They roll up at the legs (even though the package says they don't) and they roll down under my tummy, making me look and feel like a beer bellied yokel.  I have a friend who only wears them, so if you do buy them, buy one inexpensive pair to try before investing $14 on four pair that you don't like wearing.  And nobody wants your used underwear.


So, that's my latest.  I stepped away from the blog for blogging for a few months but plan to blog every two weeks.  Please let me know if you have any concerns, questions or ideas. I'd love to hear from you.

And thank you for following me. I appreciate your interest and loyalty.

Image result for quotes on trends

Until next time, I remain,

Stylistically yours,

Sooz

No comments:

Post a Comment