Sunday, August 9, 2015

Grooming Tips I Have to Share!

I have been "baking" my face forever -- and not a wrinkle to show for it!

Baking is a new term for, after you have patted on your foundation, putting on a lot of loose powder, letting your body heat absorb the powder your face needs and then dusting off the remaining powder. I have done this every day for years...the only problem is you then have a nice layer of powder dust lying around on your stuff.

Image result for over powdering face


But it does work and I wanted to pass that on to you. You do need a great fluffy powder brush!


I also want to tell you about a product I bought at Ulta. It is Big Sexy Hair's Powder Play and for a very small container, you'll pay $8.

Image result for big sexy hair powder play  This product gives you a huge root boost and also if sprinkled in your hairstyle-to-be, provides texture, separation and fullness.  WARNING: A little goes a very long way!  And your hair feels icky and sticky. But if you want a beehive, bouffant or height, this stuff is amazing!


The other day, I bought Johnson & Johnson's Baby Oil Gel ($3.48 at Target) to put on my arms, legs, chest and back of hands. You should put it on immediately after you shower or bathe while you are still wet-ish. It really made the fine wrinkles and "alligator" look on my skin disappear. However, I could feel it "on" me all day and it made me warm. I will use less to see if it is better that way but I certainly will use it daily in the Fall and Winter. This product is better than more expensive oils and creams, for me.

 Image result for johnson & johnson shower gel

Then another day, I went to Walgreen's and bought the L'Oreal Visible Lift blush to complement their foundation that I absolutely love.
L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush, Rose Gold Lift 183- .14 oz
As I wrote a few weeks ago, their Foundation is the best I have ever used, so using their blush was a natural progression. I think it is great! I got Rose Gold (best suited for blonde, light skinned people) for $13. And with the slight shimmer, great texture and perfect color, it does exactly what I need it to do.

So there you have it,

my latest cosmetic tips for women "of a certain age" - please let me know if you buy any and try them.

Until next time, I remain,
Image result for quote on makeup

Stylistically yours,

Sooz



No comments:

Post a Comment